Friday, January 6, 2012

Simple day

Today was a simple day.

I basically just read. I read this whole book - it was really good. The author herself gave me the book just a few days ago and it was really worth it to take the day off and just read it. I only cried a few times, but in that feeling connected and affected by her words kind of way. It's actually the first book that I've made the time to read in quite a long time... so long that I just don't remember the last book (unrelated to school) that I've read.

Anyway, when I was done reading I took a nap. A real honest to goodness nap!

When I woke up I went and picked my daughter up from the bus stop, took the kids to the library and then returned home to lay down again while the kids read.

The sky was beautiful while we were out, I'm sorry that I didn't have a chance to capture the amazing pink clouds.


My partner has been kind of sick so maybe I'm fighting it off, but whatever the reason was, I needed to just read and sleep today and I'm super glad I did it.

When dinner came, we grabbed some "just in case" cans of soup from the pantry and heated them up. I didn't even care because it was just what we needed. We ate some bagels and left over roasted potatoes with it.

And now I'm sitting on the couch getting ready to put my youngest to bed so that I can do nothing some more and then go to bed and sleep some more.


It seems that simple was just what the doctor ordered for us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment