Friday, September 30, 2011

Catch up post

Busy busy busy is all I can say. And yet there is so much out there that I want to read and catch up on and learn about. In fact, I'm supposed to be reading my homework and baking brownies for a bake sale right now, but look what I'm doing instead...

I've come across a lot of interesting links and articles this week but I'm just going to share a few with you to follow up with if they interest you too. And for some reason, I ran across a bunch of articles that had to do with junk food - does this mean that there is a sudden interest in doing something about the junk food problem that our society has? Awareness is a good start at least.

This article in the New York Times questions whether or not junk food and fast food really are cheaper than healthy real food.

An article from PCC Natural Markets, a co-op out on the west coast, gives some good tips on packing kids lunches - check it out.

Check out this video by the Vegan Zombie about making almond milk, I might just give it a shot:

And since tomorrow is the start of October, which is both national co-op month and national fair trade month, I will leave you with this video:

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this the truth!

    "The real challenge is not 'I’m too busy to cook.' In 2010 the average American, regardless of weekly earnings, watched no less than an hour and a half of television per day. The time is there."

    ReplyDelete