Saturday, September 3, 2011

Roasted garlic

It's such a simple thing, garlic. It's so good and good for you.

But when I have too much, I sometimes stumble over what to do with it. Right now I know my family could use a healthy dose of garlic in our lives so I decided to roast it up... mmm, roasted garlic.

And then once it was roasted, I decided that adding some protein to it would be good... so I turned it into hummus. It's pretty simple and quick actually. You can find a recipe here, but really any recipe will do. The important part is that I added lots of roasted garlic to it.

On a side note, you can see in the picture that I still have a few cans of beans in my pantry to weed out. I'm using it up of course, because I certainly don't want to waste any food... however, if you are going to buy canned goods, I highly suggest buying only BPA free ones. The only company that I am aware of being truly BPA free is Eden. If I have to buy something in a can again, I will be sure to support them and anyone else who might jump on board by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment