Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pantry shots

I think that I have started using my kitchen like an artist might use a studio. I tend to find myself spending hours in the kitchen on most days, even after a long day at work like today, just making things.

Also important to note, I am aware that I have slowed down with my posting. Truth be told, I'm really getting into taking pictures of things more than writing about them. However, I am doing a bit of research on biodegradable plastics, which I hope to share with you in the very near future.

And with that, I would like to share my favorite "pantry shots" of recent:


 Mmmm bacon.
We don't eat a ton of meat in our house, even though my youngest is a natural born meat eater. My oldest son is a hard core animal lover but has felt the need for some meat in his diet since becoming a teenager. While he has a hard time doing it, he will occasionally eat some bacon or some chicken. However, my daughter won't touch the stuff no matter what. It's a good balance for keeping the meat in our house limited, which I appreciate for both the cost and the environmental impact that eating meat brings.




Hooray for bulk popcorn.

There would be no munchy snacks in our house without popcorn. Here is what I bought this week from the Berkshire Co-op Market  - it's on sale for $1.19/lb so I'm stocking up.


We seriously eat popcorn almost everyday.


Here is the big bowl of popcorn that I traditionally make most nights after dinner. It has organic raw butter melted over top (just made another batch tonight!) and some of that awesome pink Himala Salt ground on top.

Some nights my family will just eat it all.

I try to pack some of it into lunch boxes when there is camp the next day, like tomorrow. My older 2 kids are going to a water park so I want them to have some good stuff to snack on.

Every now and then, there is some popcorn left the next day to munch on. It rarely gets wasted.

Our dog will even eat leftover popcorn.

Last night I found some kale in the fridge that was getting to be past it's prime... I didn't want to see it go to waste so I took half of it and made some kale chips. I wasn't really sure if anyone would eat them, but I put them in a container on the counter and when I came home from work - wabam! - they were almost gone.

So I made more tonight, after cooking dinner (and tomorrows lunch) and before I made some popcorn.






And now, I will drink this glass of wine and put my feet up.

And since I have the day off tomorrow, I might just pour myself another.




No comments:

Post a Comment