Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade pads

This is what I made tonight:
Some pads. (And just in time!)

I made 6 total and it took me about 2 - 2.5 hours... which I don't think is too bad really. I've never made them before and I certainly didn't focus on making them perfect, but they came out great. I found an old cotton towel to cut up for the inside, so there is a slightly thicker section down the middle. I found old scraps of cloth for the pads, and some (really) old snaps  in the sewing box that I inherited from a relative as some point. So these pads were free and will keep me from needing any disposable pads or liners!

The snaps are super handy because it keeps things secure.

And for me, this is the best way to clean cloth pads: Rinse out used cloth pads in cold water when you are done with them, then throw in your washing machine with the next load. Pretty easy!

I did not follow a pattern for these pads, but if you are interested in how I made them, just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment